Hello & Welcome!
I am a runner, writer and a photographer with an interest in all things related to veterans, war, politics and the law. At age 15, I took up running as a shared interest with my dad. In the 1973, USMC 1st Invitational Track Meet at Marine Corps Air Station Yuma, AZ, he placed 1st in the 1 mile run in 4:53, as well as, 1st in the 3 mile run in 19:49. I get my running genes from my dad.
In 1979, I began 26 years of federal service as a letter carrier with the U.S. Postal Service. One of the high points of my USPS career was working for the National Association of Letter Carriers as a shop steward and Union President. I returned to college in 2002 at the age of 44 earning a BFA in Photography and a Paralegal Studies AA.
In 2005, I traveled with the Global Exchange delegation “Women Making Change” to Afghanistan for an Independent Study Project in photography. I returned to Afghanistan in 2007, as a volunteer for the NGO Afghans4Tomorrow (A4T).
In Afghanistan, I discovered, a women’s opportunity to participate in sports is severely limited by religious and cultural restrictions. After 31 years of running, the prospect of not being permitted to run based on my gender was profoundly disturbing. The Afghanistan 10k is on my radar.
In 2016, on a whim, I ran as a Bernie Sanders Delegate to the Democratic National Convention. I had been following Sanders since his 2002 vote against the Iraq War. The icing on the cake is that Sanders was also a top long distance runner at James Madison High School in Brooklyn running the mile in a blistering 4:37.
- 1974 Yuma High School Girls Track & Field.
- 1975-1976 Alameda High School Girls Track & Field and Cross Country.
- 1976 Alameda High School record in the one mile run 6:00
- June 7, 1981 Sri Chinmoy Marathon, Davis, CA 3:48:40.8
- 1984 CSU Hayward Women’s Track & Field and Cross Country
- March 25, 1984 Bonne Bell 10k 40:45 ***
- August 19, 1984 San Francisco Marathon 3:29:35 ***
- October 6, 1984 CSUH Cross County: Stanislaus Meet 19:29 ***
- June 17, 2000 Mayor’s Midnight Sun Marathon, Anchorage, Alaska 4:22:30 F42
- December 2, 2001 California International Marathon 5:36:41 F43
- October 4, 2003 St George Marathon 3:57:52 F45 – Boston qualifier.
- April 17, 2006 Boston Marathon 5:15:07 F48
- November 15, 2015 Maratón de La Habana-MARABANA, Havana, Cuba